I’m not great at colouring floral images, so this set makes flower arranging and colouring a lot simpler! This is such a fun die set and features a flower I enjoy spotting when out and about – a sunflower never fails to elicit a smile.
- Neenah #80 and #110 cardstock
- Watercolour cardstock
- The Greetery Sunflower Botanicuts
- Tim Holtz 3D texture embossing folder in Woodgrain
- My Favorite Things Elegant Rectangles
- My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangles
- Concord & 9th Love Notes
- Honey Bee Stamps Busy Bees
- Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Vintage Photo
- Copic Markers: R29, R27, R24, Y38, Y17, Y15, C9, C7, C5
I inked a large piece of watercolour cardstock with the yellow distress inks and die cut the sunflower pieces from it.
I added Vintage photo to any leftover spots large enough to cut the sunflower and leaf centres. The leaves themselves were cut from another panel I inked up with the green inks.
I taped two of the elegant rectangle dies together to cut a frame shape, which I embossed with the woodgrain effect 3D embossing folder. I cut a second frame from a piece of double sided foam adhesive sheet for dimension.
I stamped the sentiment inside the frame, added the buzzy bee and a red heart – in all honesty these elements covered up a couple of boo boos! I used glitter pen and added a layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze onto the heart for shine. The glitter pen is also used on the buzzy bee’s wings. The bee trail is from the Honey Bee stamp set which I stamped twice and silver embossed.
The sunflowers are arranged at the bottom of the frame and glued down with liquid adhesive and foam tape.
If you have any questions regarding the putting together of this card, please feel free to message me – I’m only too happy to help!