I’ve had my eye on this stamp set by Stacey Yacula for some time, and was pleased to finally have time to get it out and do some colouring! This card has been gifted to a crafty friend celebrating her birthday.
Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock
Glitter paper from stash
Lawn Fawn Mermaid & Black Licorice cardstock for card base and sentiment strip
Nuvo Silver glitter cardstock
Ranger Clear embossing powder, Ink on 3 Arctic White embossing powder, and Versamark Ink
My Favorite Things Diagonal Design Background stamp (retired)
I started off by ink blending with Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers, lighter in the middle and darker on the edges of the watercolour cardstock. I heat embossed the Diagonal Design background stamp (just about any background stamp would be suitable for this technique) with clear embossing powder, let that cool, and then continued inking with Peacock Feathers in the centre, Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire, again getting darker towards the edges of the panel. Distress Oxide inks are great for this technique as the ink is opaque and you can add layers of colour very easily.
I buffed the ink with a cloth. The clear embossing resists the additional ink, leaving a cool flow of colour blending within the pattern.
I cut the panel down with a MFT stitched rectangle. I actually used a smaller rectangle from the nested set than I originally intended, and had to back the panel with some glitter paper in my stash! Whoops, but it turned out well in the end!
I die cut the Celebrate three times from white cardstock, and once out of Nuvo Silver glitter cardstock and stacked these together for a little dimension.
I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the Sweet Celebration Wishes stamp set onto Lawn Fawn Black Licorice cardstock.
The critters were placed above the Celebrate using foam tape strips cut to fit, and the whole front is mounted onto the card base which completes the card.
If you have any questions regarding the putting together of this project, please feel free to message me – I’m only too happy to help!
I’m not great at colouring floral images, so this set makes flower arranging and colouring a lot simpler! This is such a fun die set and features a flower I enjoy spotting when out and about – a sunflower never fails to elicit a smile.
I inked a large piece of watercolour cardstock with the yellow distress inks and die cut the sunflower pieces from it.
I added Vintage photo to any leftover spots large enough to cut the sunflower and leaf centres. The leaves themselves were cut from another panel I inked up with the green inks.
I taped two of the elegant rectangle dies together to cut a frame shape, which I embossed with the woodgrain effect 3D embossing folder. I cut a second frame from a piece of double sided foam adhesive sheet for dimension.
I stamped the sentiment inside the frame, added the buzzy bee and a red heart – in all honesty these elements covered up a couple of boo boos! I used glitter pen and added a layer of Nuvo Crystal Glaze onto the heart for shine. The glitter pen is also used on the buzzy bee’s wings. The bee trail is from the Honey Bee stamp set which I stamped twice and silver embossed.
The sunflowers are arranged at the bottom of the frame and glued down with liquid adhesive and foam tape.
If you have any questions regarding the putting together of this card, please feel free to message me – I’m only too happy to help!
The Tonic Studios background dies each come in a set of two – the intricate inner piece and a decorative rectangular die. They can be used on their own, or together or mixed and matched – creating many possibilities. I really like the delicate scalloped look of the rectangle die included in the Budding Vine set, so I matched it with the Floral Blooms intricate die for today’s card.
I taped the two dies together with purple tape, just to keep them secure, and die cut them four times.
Having them taped together ensured that all four die cuts matched when put together.
I cut one scalloped rectangle on its own for the base and adhered the first of the intricate cuts. The edges match up perfectly, and now it’s time to add colour!
I used copic markers to colour in the cut out areas in reddy pinks and lush greens. I used blends of three, dark to light from the centre of the flowers/leaves outwards. It doesn’t matter how messy this gets, as it will all be magically tidied up when we add the remaining die cuts on top. Once I was satisfied with my colouring, I glued the second layer on. This hides all the mess, and you can see immediately anywhere that is missed, and can add further details such as shading etc. Then the third die cut layer is glued on top.
Now the fun part – adding Nuvo Crystal Glaze to all of the openings to give a bit of a stained glass effect at the end. I carefully squeezed the glaze and used a craft pick to ensure I could get the glaze right into the tiny nooks and crannies. Getting some of the glaze up the sides of the die cut openings really helps with the stained glass look too.
The final die cut is glued on top to hide all the glaze messy bits and we have our completed panel. This needs a good couple of hours to dry, so leave it in a area where it can lay nice and flat.
I cut the sentiment using the Tonic Studios Thanks twice from black cardstock, and once from black glitter cardstock and stacked them onto a vellum shadow. This die is nice and long, and I glued the ends of the vellum piece around to the back of the card panel, and cut the black to match the edge.
Studio Katia pearls are added to the flower centres as a finishing touch, and I completed the card by mounting the panel onto a Neenah #110 top folding card base.
Thank you for visiting! If you have any questions regarding the putting together of this card, or any of the materials used, please feel free to message me – I’m only too happy to help!